Best Single Serve Coffee Maker
If there’s one thing what will never go out of trend, it’s coffee. How the world sees this drink has not just evolved into one of life’s norms, but it also became a culture itself. The coffee industry is one of the most all-time in-demand industry in the market. The flavor did not just dominate the food and liquor market, but also the non-food industries like cosmetics, personal care, and the vast line of consumer products. That is why in the biggest online stores, you’d find thousands of coffee machines and coffee products up for grabs.
Table of Content:
Speaking of the most researched coffee merchandise in online stores, a huge number of consumers search for the best single serve coffee makers daily. And if you visit online store giants like the Amazon, you’d find plenty of choices from popular to indie brands. But, with thousands of products out there, how do you find the best product that fits your lifestyle? In this article, I have gathered the top 3 best single serve coffee makers and some buying factors that will definitely help you find the perfect coffee maker
Best single serve coffee maker of this moment
With the Keurig K-mini Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Brewer, 6 to 12 oz. brew sizes in matte black, you get yourself a single-serve coffee maker that is perfect for any small spaces because it’s only about 5 inches wide.
For years now, Keurig is a brand that consumers have come to trust when it comes to producing top-of-the-line coffee makers at affordable prices. Did you know that one of the most searched keywords in the Internet is actually “single serve coffee maker keurig” which has over 9900 monthly searches? That’s not even spelled right, but just look at the demand in the market!
Using K-cup pods this coffee maker kan can brew coffee from 6oz. – 12oz in volume. It has a one-cup reservoir and it’s also mug-friendly–something you’d find handy during travels. The K-mini has a removable drip tray that can accommodate travel mugs up to 7.0 inches tall. Even better, it holds a full accidental brew for easy clean-up.
The Keurig K-Mini coffee maker is also among the best coffee makers under hundred dollars.
- Very portable, perfect for any small spaces like your office table
- K Cup pods compatible
- Has a full accidental brew system
- No water is wasted – Put a cup of water and it all comes out
- Brews coffee fast and is quiter than any coffee makers
When you want the best single serve coffee maker on-the-go for your active lifestyle, the one from Nespresso Vertuo by Breville could be the perfect one for you. This single serve coffee maker and espresso machine produces an impossibly good quality coffee in minutes.
With a range of options, you can easily make coffee or espresso in 5, 8, and 18oz. volume. Its sleek and sustainable design of only 5.5 inches wide allows you to put this single serve coffee maker almost anywhere with an electricity output!
Consumers know that when the word “Breville” is etched on the coffee maker, you’re getting the perfect brew. This coffee maker is Nespresso-capsule compatible and functions with a barcode-scanning technology to ensure just the right amount of brew for every cup. When you buy this coffee maker/espresso machine from Amazon, you even get a complimentary gift of a starter set of Nespresso capsules (assorted).
- Is compatible with 30 available flavors (capsules)
- Has a complimentary gift of a starter set of Nespresso capsules
- Barcode-scanning technology
- Coffee is so perfect, some even said there’s no need to add milk because of its crema texture
This Mr. Coffee Iced and Hot Coffee Maker, Single Serve Machine with 22-Ounce Tumbler and Reusable Coffee Filer, Black is incredibly simple to use and produces excellent hot or iced coffee. It only takes a minute to set up, and about three minutes to prepare a freshly made cup of iced coffee. Doesn’t take up much counter space and is simple to clean.
Mr. Coffee is one of the names that you can truly trust when it comes to choosing home appliances on your kitchen countertop. And if your budget allows you to splurge more for a Mr. Coffee single serve coffee maker, you can’t get wrong with this model. This baby not only brews aromatic hot java, but it also makes iced coffee when you’re perked up for a cold beverage. Its easy measuring system allows you to brew hot or cold beverage in under 4 minutes without the mess! Even better, the coffee machine is designed with an integrated measuring system that perfectly matches the ratio of water, coffee, and/or ice to achieve that bold and flavorful drink.
With options of pod-free brew of 6, 8, 12, or 16 oz. (and 22oz. for iced beverage), easily enjoy your cup of joe during your morning routine. You will also get all extras which include a reusable tumbler, lid, straw, coffee filter, and dual sided scoop when you buy one from Amazon. What we actually like about this unit is the reusable tumbler that you will find handy for that always on-the-go lifestyle. With just a hit of the button, you can easily brew a cafe-quality coffee and take it with you anywhere!
- Brews silky smooth coffee and espresso
- Reusable tumbler on-the-go
- Easy measuring system for the perfect brew
What is a single serve coffee maker
A single serve coffee maker is a coffee-brewing machine that is intended or designed to produce a single cup or serving of coffee. Some coffee machines can produce multiple cups of coffee, while some have extra features attached like milk frother and grinder. It might seem like this kind of coffee maker is the simplest of all, but in reality, there are actually a lot of pros when you have a single serve coffee maker at home.
Most single cup coffee makers are compatible with coffee pods and k cup pods. These are small packets of ground coffee (often times come in assorted flavors) that are put inside the coffee machine. What we like about using coffee pods is how precise the flavors can be because evey pod is only intended for a single serve coffee drink.
- Fresh coffee with every serving – If you’re a coffee pro, your tastebuds know exactly what “fresh” is all about. A good cup of joe is one that is freshly ground, bloomed, and heated in minutes. One serving is enough, especially if you are living in a dorm or an apartment, or any quaint home.
- Save your coffee beans from getting spoilt or wasted – One thing that we noticed about reviews of single serve coffee maker is how consumers get to save more coffee beans because of the precise amount of grounds they need for every serving. The chances of throwing out excess coffee is lessened.
- User-friendly – Whether it’s a single serve coffee maker without pods or a coffee maker with k cups, people just love a coffee maker that’s easy-to-use, uncomplicated, and easy to maintain.
How did I select the best single serve coffee maker?
How we managed to come up with our Top 3 is a mixture of knowledge and experience. For years of drinking coffee, discovering new products from various brands, and countless of taste-testing experiences, we have learned that the best coffee makers have the following features:
- Simple and easy to use
- Easy to maintain (and clean!)
- Fast brewing time
- Programmed for bloom time
- Has a lot of brewing options
How to use a single serve coffee maker
Most single serve coffee makers are designed to function in as easy as one, two, three. Generally, this type of coffee maker has a water reservoir where you can fill in with water to be heated up. If your coffee maker is pod-compatible, you only need to put the coffee pod into the single-serve machine. At the push of a button, the brewing starts and in just minutes, you get yourself a nice, aromatic, and hot cup of coffee!
Features you need to remember
How we selected our top 3 best single cup coffee maker takes a lot of research and experience. Through the years of being coffee enthusiasts, we’ve learned which coffee makers brew the best cup of joe, which ones have the most customer complaints (online), and which ones are the most affordable. Based on some research factors listed down below, we are now able to determine which single serve coffee maker from known brands are the most reliable when it comes to quality, functionality, and cost.
Price – The price range for single serve coffee makers varies, depending on the brand. You can get as cheap as $20-$30 while those from popular brands an range from $80-$120 (depending on factors like sale season and discounts).
Features – When buying your coffee machine, it helps to keep these features in mind:
- Brewing System – A good single serve coffee maker must have a quick brewing system to jumpstart your early morning routine. Check on the number of minutes a coffee maker can easily brew coffee–including the bloom time.
- Grinder – Some coffee makers don’t have a built-in grinder, but we think that the best single serve coffee maker with grinder is one that gives you the freshest aroma from that brewed drink. Otherwise, you will need to put coffee grounds to get yourself a nice, warm cup of coffee.
- Auto Shut Down Function – This is an essential feature, especially if your lifestyle consists of a jampacked everyday schedule. It really pays when you have home appliances that turn off automatically during the times you’re too busy to even remember shutting them down, isn’t it?
Pros and cons of single serve coffee maker
Every coffee maker will have advantages and disadvantages. I have briefly summarized the main ones.
Pros of a single serve coffee maker
Cons of a single serve coffee maker
Just like you, we love a good, unapologetic, and unadulterated coffee maker review like how we want our coffee hot, aromatic, and bold in flavors. That is why we’ve gathered the Top 3 Best Single Serve Coffee Maker that we think will make the cut for our picky coffee enthusiasts. While your buying factors can be subjective, what we can guarantee is that a single serve coffee maker will surely keep you perked up, whether you’re just starting your day or are staying up all night. A handy coffee maker is what you need for a quick, textured, and perfect brewed drink anytime, anywhere!
If you don’t drink that much coffee, a french press coffee maker would also be interesting. We have done special research for this. Here too we have highlighted the best french press coffee makers.